Westport Flood Protection Options
Council is seeking your feedback on the options to provide flood protection for Westport. This is the chance to have your say.
Buller River has the largest flood flow of any river in New Zealand,
yet Westport currently has very limited flood protection structures.
Located next to the river itself, there is a risk of flooding, and
depending on its extent, potential for significant damage to property,
infrastructure and even threat to life.
Your feedback is needed
is seeking feedback from the community on the options identified to
provide flood protection for Westport. It is really important that we
hear from you. The feedback received will help us determine the next
steps in this process - working out which option(s) to discuss further.
If you didn't receive your consultation document in the mail, you can download a copy of it here.
Feedback must be received by
the Regional Council
by Friday 17 February 2017
How do I provide feedback?
There are a number of ways you can provide your feedback. You can:
- Fill out the online feedback form here.
- Fill out the feedback form, mailed to every ratepayer from 16 January 2017, and freepost back to Council.
- Fill out the feedback form, scan and email to us at email@example.com.
- Visit us at one of our drop in sessions.
What if I want to find out more?
information on the various options is included below. We will also be
holding drop in sessions in the foyer at the NBS Theatre, 105 Palmerston
Street, Westport at the following times:
- Wednesday 25 January: 11.00am - 1.00pm, 3.00pm - 5.00pm and 6.00 - 8.00pm
- Thursday 26 January: 8.00am - 10.00am
- Tuesday 31 January: 10.00am - 12.00pm, 1.00pm - 3.00pm and 5.30pm - 7.30pm
- Wednesday 1 February: 9.00am - 11.00am and 1.00pm - 3.00pm
More information on each of the options is available below:
A full copy of the report outlining the various options prepared by Land River Sea Consulting is also available to download.
Page reviewed: 13 Feb 2017 9:53am