Council Services and the Covid-19 Protection Framework
What is the Covid-19 Protection Framework?
The Framework introduces a new flexible 3-level approach to managing COVID-19 in the community:
- Green: limited community transmission and COVID-19 case numbers are at levels the health system can manage.
- Orange: community transmission is increasing and putting pressure on the health system.
- Red: the health system is facing an unsustainable number of hospitalisations and action is needed to protect vulnerable people.
The Framework allows a greater level of freedom for vaccinated people than would be possible under the Alert Level system, and so reduces the social and economic burden of public health restrictions. It provides the tools, with public health measures and COVID-19 vaccine passes, to manage the higher public health risk to, and from, unvaccinated people.
How we stay safe at Orange:
- Please wear a face mask in indoor settings. Inside schools face masks are not required but still encouraged.
- Maintain social distancing.
- There are no changes to the 7 day self-isolation requirement if you or someone you live with gets Covid-19.
Where we can go at Orange:
- You must wear a face mask on flights, public transport, in retail shops and public venues, and in health and education facilities.
- There are no limits on crowd capacity indoors or outdoors.