An update on the COVID-19 situation and what we as an organisation are doing under the current directives from central government:
We are committed to our communities and recognise that we play a critical role in our rohe. We remain open for business, and will keep delivering essential services. The way we work will look different, for example our front line receptions are now closed, but you can rest assured we remain agile and resilient.
At Alert Level 4, we will continue to operate the following essential services to protect human health and our environment.
The key public services we will continue to provide include:
- Civil Defence emergency management – our Civil Defence functions have been activated and our organisation is supporting the Ministry of Health as the lead agency for the pandemic response.
- Sampling and analysing human health drinking water
- Incident and pollution response
- Maintenance of biosecurity
- Flood control works
- Natural hazard event monitoring, response and recovery (for example our flood and drought monitoring).
- Operation and maintenance of flood protection and land drainage infrastructure.
- Monitoring our State of the Environment network
We will keep you up to date as the situation evolves and as we receive further direction from central government about essential services. all of the above will be delivered in line with Ministry of Health guidelines.
We are also able to deliver non essential services by staff operating from home. These services will continue, however they will not be public facing and delivered by staff working from home.
We really appreciate your patience in what are unprecedented circumstances.
In relation to rates demands, please be advised that you are able to pay online, however if you need to delay payment because you are not able to pay in person or are having other difficulties we will NOT be applying any penalties until normal systems resume.
For all information on COVID-19 please refer to the governments website: