Warm West Coast Financial Complaint

Since July 2012 West Coast Regional Council has been providing funding to property owners wishing to insulate their homes and/or instal clean heat units.

This funding is repaid with interest over a 10 year term commencing 1 July after the contractor is paid by Council.

If you want to make a complaint with regard to your loan, or have a problem understanding something Council has done with regard to your loan, please let us know so that we can address the problem.

You are encouraged to raise any issues or concerns initially with the Council staff responsible for administering this scheme.

These staff include;

  • Robert Mallinson, Corporate Services Manager direct dial 769 9094 email rm@wcrc.govt.nz
  • Paula Wright, Rates Officer 769 0466 xtn 225 email pw@wcrc.govt.nz

These Council staff will investigate your concerns and make every effort to resolve the matter with you.


Designated Complaints Officer

If you are still not satisfied you can then contact our Warm West Coast Loans designated Complaints Officer Trish Jellyman 768 0466 xtn 254 email trish.jellyman@wcrc.govt.nz

Your concerns need not be set out in any particular format. A phone call, email or letter will be sufficient.

This designated Complaints Officer will also investigate the matter and attempt to resolve the matter with you.


Independent Complaints Authority

Council is a member of an independent dispute resolution scheme operated by Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL) and approved by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs. We have 40 days to respond to your complaint. If you are not satisfied by our response, you may refer the matter to FSCL by emailing info@fscl.org.nz or calling FSCL on 0800 347257. Full details on how to access the FSCL scheme can be obtained on their website www.fscl.org.nz

There is no cost for you to use the services of FSCL.

Page reviewed: 14 Apr 2014 4:42pm