Do I need a Resource Consent?

How do I know whether I need one or not?

If you are considering an activity which may require a resource consent, West Coast Regional Council staff will be able to assist. They can explain which activities require resource consents under the Resource Management Act. If a consent is required they can also provide guidance on the type of effects assessment and consultation which would be appropriate for your proposal.

Your District Council also issues resource consents for land use activities, subdivisions and building consents. Don't forget to check with your District Council to see if you will also require any consents from them.




Page reviewed: 14 Apr 2014 4:43pm