Operative Land and Water Plan
Council is pleased to announce the Land and Water Plan became operative on 27 May 2014.
The Land and Water Plan replaces the Water Management, Land and Riverbed and Discharge to Land Plans.
Approved register of drilling fluid additives
- Drill Pro
- Bentonite Clay
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- AMC Aus-Det
- AMC Aus-Det Xtra
- Soda Ash
Note: This is a live register and will be updated as new approved additives come to light. The user may use alternative drill lubricants subject to obtaining the prior written approval of the Consent Authority.
National Environmental Standard for Plantation Forestry
The National Environmental Standard for Plantation Forestry comes into force from 1st May 2018.
For more information on this, click here to move to the NESPF page.
Proposed Plan Change 1 to the Regional Land and Water Plan
Proposed Plan Change 1 seeks to adjust some scheduled wetland boundaries and make minor technical changes to the Regional Land and Water Plan.
Section 32 Evaluation Report
The Section 32 Evaluation Report is intended to help readers understand how Proposed Plan Change 1 was developed and the rationale behind the proposed changes. It outlines the proposed change, the extent to which the change is the appropriate way to achieve the purpose of the Resource Management Act in regards to efficiency and effectiveness.
Copies of the documents related to this process can be downloaded below.
Notification of submissions
The Regional Council released Proposed Plan Change 1 for public consultation in August 2016, and submission closed on 16 September 2016. A copy of the submissions and Summary of Decisions Requested document can be downloaded below.
Copy of Further Submissions (PDF, 33MB)
Staff are preparing a Section 42A Staff Recommending Report on the submissions and further submissions received.
Hearings on the Proposed Plan Change 1 are to begin on Monday 18 June 2018 and will go for approximately 3 days. All information on the hearing can be found by following the link below:
Where to from here?
- Prepare a staff recommending report on the submissions and further submissions received.
- Council will hold a public hearing for those submitters and further submitters who have indicated that they wish to be heard.
- The Council will make its decisions on submissions and further submissions, and notify submitters of these.
- Any person who makes a submission, or further submission, who is not satisfied with the Council's decision and the changes that are included in Proposed Plan Change 1, may refer the matters to the Environment Court.
- Once all matters referred to the Environment Court are resolved, the changes proposed in Plan Change 1 will become operative.
How can I get more information?
Information on Proposed Plan Change 1, submission process, and what will happen next has been summarised on this page. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions on 03 768 0466 or freephone 0508 800 118.