Direct Debit Rate Payments
The West Coast Regional Council has the Direct Debit option for payment of rates. This option will mean that your rates are paid on time and ensure that late payment penalties will be a thing of the past.
Some points to note regarding the Direct Debit option:
- There is no set up cost charge by Council, however you may wish to contact your bank to enquire if they have an initial charge.
- Please return the completed form to our office 7 days prior to the date you wish to start you direct debit payment. A copy of the form will be returned to you if requested.
- Please ensure that sufficient funds are in your nominated bank account on the date payments are to be debited.
- Fortnightly or monthly payments will be calculated by Council to ensure your rates are paid in full by end of the rating year 30 June. This amount will be recalculated yearly after the rates have been set. You will be notified in writing of the recalculated amounts. Please notify Council if you wish to change you direct debit authority for any reason.
- Instalment payments will be deducted on the last day for payment 20 Oct & 20 April as indicated on your rates instalment. (Please note these dates vary slightly each year.)
- Annual payments will be deducted on the last day for payment of the first instalment, 20 Oct as indicated on the first rates instalment.
- Payments will be deducted from your bank account on a Thursday only.
- If for any reason a payment is dishonoured a manual payment will be required to bring your account up
- to date. A late payment penalty fee may also apply.
- If more than one payment is dishonoured Council reserves the right to cease direct debiting your account. This will mean manual payments will be required for future accounts.
- If the property for which you are paying rates is sold, you should contact Council immediately so that your direct debit is cancelled. The purchase of a new property will require a new authorisation from to be signed.
- Please contact our office with the details of any addition properties which are to be included or excluded on an existing Direct Debit as these are not automatically updated and require authorisation from the account holder.
Remember to complete and return the form not later than 7 days prior to the first payment date you have indicated.