If you enjoy working in a friendly and fun atmosphere, and appreciate an honest, supportive work place, look no further than West Coast Regional Council. Helping employees to balance work and family responsibilities whilst providing an environment, which supports both personal and professional growth, is important to us.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to apply for a job with The West Coast Regional Council. Positions are advertised on the below link where you submit an application online. As soon as you have applied for a job online, you'll receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application. Take note of the position closing date, as this will give you an indication when you will next hear from us.
2020 CEO Position
The Untamed Natural Wilderness of the West Coast (Te Kaunihera Whakakotahi o Te Tai Poutini) extends from Kahurangi Point in the north and as far south as Awarua Point, a distance of 600 kilometres. Renowned for its ability to punch above its weight, this fifth largest region in New Zealand, bounded by the Southern Alps in the east and the Tasman Sea in the West, could be your next home.
We are seeking to appoint our next Chief Executive. This person will lead our organisation to execute the vision for the West Coast, manage our regional issues and maximise the opportunities in front of us.
The West Coast Regional Council (www.wcrc.govt.nz) plays a pivotal role in managing the environment and natural resources from an economic, social, cultural and sustainability perspective on behalf of our community. As well as caring for the environment we are committed to making sure the region grows and develops in a way that supports the economy and our people. Working with our community we help make the region a fantastic place to live, play and do business.
The successful candidate will be a proven senior leader who has ideally worked in local or regional government and who is skilled at operating and delivering within the complexities of a political, legislative and regulatory environment.
In addition to your technical skills and experience, we are looking for someone with outstanding relationship building and influencing skills. These will enable you to represent the West Coast Regional Council, and develop collaborative relationships and partnerships with our wide range of stakeholders internally and externally; our Councillors, our community, iwi, businesses, other authorities and Local and Central Government.
Ideally you will be tertiary qualified and will:
- Have led and managed multi-functional teams. You will be skilled at building high performing teams and leading change and process improvements.
- Have a background in strategic planning and policy development, and experience in the processes of strategic collaboration, community consultation and engagement.
- Be skilled at communicating and building strong relationships, engaging and influencing at a senior level and working in partnership and collaboratively with multiple key stakeholders. You will have high emotional intelligence, demonstrate cultural empathy and awareness, and be credible, courteous, and professional.
- Be politically savvy, know how to achieve positive outcomes, able to engage key stakeholders and deliver results in a politically complex context.
- Have strong commercial and financial acumen, in addition to a cost effectiveness and efficiency mindset, and be motivated to deliver and achieve.
- Be able to undertake extensive travel both within and outside of the region.
- Be able to reside in the region.
If you would like to find out more about the role, or to submit your application, please contact Gillian Gibson our HR Adviser - firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 22 June 2020